STATEMENT OF FAITH
- That there is one, eternal God, Creator and Lord of the universe, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who governs all things according to the purpose of His will.
- That there is only one Saviour, Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, who was born of a virgin, was sinless, performed miracles, died on the Cross as an atonement for our sin, was bodily resurrected and ascended to the right hand of the Father until He personally returns in power and glory.
- That the Holy Spirit breathes life and power into His Church, convicting of sin, gifting and enabling to make lives fruitful in reflecting God’s glory.
- That the Bible in both Old and New testament scriptures is divinely inspired, truthful and authoritative as the written word of God, without error in all that it affirms, and the infallible rule of faith and practice, addressed to all men and women.
- That Jesus Christ died for our sins and was raised from the dead, and that as reigning Lord He now offers the forgiveness of sins and the liberating gifts of the Spirit to all who repent and believe in Him.
- That when Jesus Christ returns as judge of all people, the saved will enter the resurrection to eternal life, while the lost are condemned to separation from God’s presence forever.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
CLOSE TO GOD
- Passion for Jesus – We are compelled by our passion for Jesus Christ. It is a calling (not just a job) as we engage together in the ministry of seeing Christ change lives. Our lives will reflect Christ in our behaviour, attitude and actions, and His call for godly living.
- Obedience to the Great Commission – We are called to the Great Commission given by our Lord Jesus Christ to see peoples of all nations become disciples.
- Motivated by the Great Commandment – We are motivated by our desire to love God with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our mind and to love our neighbor as ourselves.
- Dependence on God by Faith – We trust God for all resources we need as we seek His wisdom in developing plans, while proceeding as He provides.
CLOSE TO THE LISTENER
- National to National – We are committed to walk alongside, empower and support indigenous Christians to reach their own people.
- Cultural Sensitivity – We are committed to analyze people’s needs sensitively so that the Gospel is communicated in the language and form that listeners understand best.
- Effective Programming – We are committed to produce effective and quality programming, which is audience-oriented, research-based and designed to meet the needs of the whole person.
- Social Responsibility – We seek to put the Gospel into practice by applying it to the realities of daily life.
CLOSE TO THE PARTNERS
- Inter-denominational – We are committed to remain inter-denominational, faithfully subscribing to a common Statement of Faith that allows unity in essentials, liberty in non-essentials and love in all.
- Encourage Partnerships – We seek to partner with like-minded individuals and organizations to accomplish our common goals.
- Financial Integrity – We are committed to integrity, accountability, and truthfulness in financial matters, ethical fundraising, financial controls, and right use of donations and gifts.
CLOSE TO ONE ANOTHER
- Autonomy with Accountability – We are committed to respect autonomy of our members, to communicate, and to engender trust-building and cooperation between members of the association.
- Interdependence – Recognizing the differences in the role, gifting, and capability of members, we are committed to be mutually reliant on each other through cooperation.
CODE OF ETHICS
Recognizing that FEBCanada supporters are financial partners in broadcasting the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world, the Canadian ministry is committed to full disclosure.
Therefore, as stated in 2 Corinthians 8:20-21: “We want to avoid any criticism of the way we administer this liberal gift. For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of men.” (NIV)
FEBCanada is also a member in good standing with the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC), and complies with its standards.